Thursday, January 04, 2007




New 2007 garden gnomes for sale...... yes..... I know..... It's creepy.

Well it's been a long time since my last post. I've been busy. Deal with it. I've been busy.

This is something I've been thinking of lately: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to and end."
That wouldn't be a very radical statement if someone was to just make it up, because it might not be true, but the amazing thing about it is that God was the one inspiring the prophet to write it, therefore it's absolutely true. The other amazing thing about it is that God is not speaking of love as we define it. Human love changes, wavers, and is about as fickle as a Vancouver Canuck fan, because it is a feeling. God's love isn't just a feeling, but an inherent personal quality of His. His love is a part of His being, therefore while God remains, His love remains. I've been profoundly affected by this recently because I realize that my affection for Him has been far less than what it should be, but this is the amazing part: My affections for Him do not, will not, and cannot change His affection for me, nor alter His purpose in saving me to bring Himself glory.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Profound... deep... thoughtful... encouraging post!!!!

If being busy makes you write posts like this I'm more then happy to deal with it ;)

karawarnock; said...

joel, that was very encouraging.


and katie would like to thank you for the birthday wish and says "don't do drugs" ( ? )

Anonymous said...

i love katie.

joe i didn't read it. now i am going to.

nate said...

Gnomes.... -.- Eh? Whats up with Jack Daniels Kupo?

Yes please dont do drugs kupopo...

joel sczebel said...

I thought Jack Daniels would be a funny name for you.

Anonymous said...

creepy...

i have a splitting headache right now, and didn't get thru the other stuff.
WOULD YOU QUIT WITH THE KUPO ALREADY???

Anonymous said...

good post joseph

Anonymous said...

"of course steve thinks its good!"