Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm sitting here at 11:02 pm with another all-nighter looming in front of me and I want to think that this is a very bad thing. I want to say that it really stinks that there is some unknown error in my file that I've tried to export several times without success. I want to believe that it's bad luck that when I went to clear some disk space I happened to delete several files from the movie, and because of that I have to re-capture much of it and do a little extra editing. I really want to. I really, REALLY, want to say "bad luck, this stinks, I'm mad". But somehow I can't, and that's a really good thing. First of all, when compared with what I deserve, I'm really doing well.... no little man dressed in red poking at me through the flames with a pitch fork.... and acceptance and fellowship and a relationship with the eternal God, and not eternal separation from Him. That's one reason to be glad in spite of my predicament. And secondly, i know that He is working all things for my good and His Glory. He knows what the issue is, and the fact is that what might seem like an extremely fruitless waste of time to me, is actually a test, and an opportunity for me to grow in Godliness for His glory. I'm really grateful that He showed me that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SUPPORT YOU JOEL S!

Anonymous said...

Yippee for u...

joel sczebel said...

I know you do rick.