Wednesday, May 16, 2007



Steve and I climbed that rock on saturday. My legs are still sore. I was just looking at a website that said that the hike is supposed to be "a brisk 45 minutes to the top" but i'm not sure what kind of caffeinated beverage they were on at the time. it took steve and i about 1.5 hours i think. that is the longest it has ever taken me. i think it has something to do with fast-food and a desk job. it was a good time. pretty much everything that could've gone wrong with my plans did go wrong, but the setbacks eventually caused us to reach the top at sunset which made the view pretty much overwhelmingly beautiful. I was reminded of the psalms where the psalmists talk about creation reflecting the glory of God. Being up there and seeing that instantly caused me to want to worship.

Apart from that escapade, not much has been going on. Mom, Als, and the two buggers are still away, and the house is annoyingly quiet without them all. Guitars are all over the house, there are amps and effects pedals in the living room, the stove hasn't been used in days, the laundry room has lost all purpose apart from being the doorway into the garage, and over all, i'm not too big on the atmosphere, so i hope they'll hurry up and come home.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, the photo isn't mine... i grabbed it off that very misleading website that i was talking about in the post.

cheers,
the blog management.

Anonymous said...

aww. you miss them.
thats sweet.
i climbed a mountain once. it said it was an easy nice autumn walk.
it wasnt.
it took me 3 hours to crawl over incredibly large rocks.

Anonymous said...

in other words...
HE MISSES YOU DEARLY!

nate said...

I was wondering why that photo was so good! Hahaha joking.

As for climbing mountains I prefer climbing walls..

Anonymous said...

hahaha, sounds like a great time...
and your house sounds like my brothers dream house. lol.

13 said...

sounds like fun. i know what you mean about the sunset thing. as for the house part... i wish that was me.

Anonymous said...

you've resorted to photo stealing?

oh my. you are at a low point.

(haha)

nate said...

Don't worry Joel.

You aren't alone in that sin.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! Your last paragraph made me laugh. So, you even missed the "little buggers"?

joel sczebel said...

yes i did.