Monday, August 21, 2006



Well, tomorrow we leave for the USA. Not till evening though because we plan to drive all night and stay in San Francisco the next day. One note here-I don't plan to take the classic picture of the steep hills with the street car. No way. I've seen that one too many times. Yeah.

I really wish we could film a bit with our old Super 8s, but we don't have a projector so it's kind of useless.

I wrote a christmas song today. Kind of random. Music really isn't finished at all, and nobody has seen the words so I don't really know if I like it or not, but I'll show the lyrics.

The Love of God came down,
To make His home with men,
Upon a starry night,
He left his glorious throne,
And with His coming here,
The Hope of all these years,
Was born to us this night.

O awake my soul and sing,
What amazing love,
What amazing love,
Arise and shout His praise,
What amazing love,
What amazing love this is.

Look in this manger He,
Humbles Himself to lie,
The One who cast the stars,
Into the black of night,
And angels sweetly sing,
To Him, the ageless King,
As heaven stands in awe.

The only crown He’ll wear,
Is still to come ahead,
Upon the bloodstained cross,
He’ll suffer for my sins,
But now in peace He lies,
Living to one day die,
To ransom souls to God.






there.

out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a rad song. (haha) i like the way the chorus isn't the cliche christmas-y stuff but a response.

good song. finish the music.

Anonymous said...

a christmas song...random. its pretty good though. what time tonight are you guys leaving? maybe i can can see you guys before you leave.
when are you coming back joel?

joel sczebel said...

We're leaving at 9 tonight. We were going to try and get you guys for lunch but time is in short supply. I'm back either tuesday or wednesday.

Delian said...

good song. but if you didn't realize this it's August... not even July, it's August. Christmas is still a ways away ;). That's okay tho, because I listend to Christmas music today. lol.
hope you have a good time!

overthinker said...

i can't listen to christmas music in the summer.
it bothers me.

beth said...

safe travels.

do you and josh use the same camera (the D70)?

joel sczebel said...

yeah

Anonymous said...

I like the song.