Monday, June 05, 2006

Kill Fuzzyness.

There is one dissapointing thing about having a really good time, and it is that after a while it gets harder and harder to remember how good the time was. Faces eventually blur, voices stop talking, and suddenly it's gone except for the occasional long lasting joke and the fact that the event did actually occur. That's kind of how I feel about NA. This is my official NA post in case anyone was wondering, and I'm writing it now because if I wait too much longer I'llhave forgotten everything interesting that happened. Already I can't really remember what happened on what day because it really felt like one long day with a few short naps, so for everyone who was there, forgive the fact that very little of this will be in any sort of chronological order.

Several notable things happened. Here are a few of them:

1. The preaching was incredible.
2. The worship was incredible.
3. I'm not sure what everyone else thought, but I thought the community groups and family groups were a nice touch.
4. We tried to hang out in the "Neighborhood" and play cards, but josh and I have no idea how to play, so it really didn't work.
5. We ran up several down escalators, and down a few up ones.
6. Josh and I waited an hour in a line for subway because we were starving.
7. We ordered pizza at 2:30 am and it didn't come till 3:30, but by the time it came no one was really all that hungry, and we all just wanted to sleep.
8. "him"/
9. Go Fish. The only card game I could figure out. I can also play solitare, but only on the computer because it's such a lot of work with cards.
10. Danny Billups.
11. Missing our plane.
12. The charlie and the chocolate factory tunnel runs under the runway at the Detroit airport.
14. I don't like the detroit airport.
15. The PBJ store. Literally that's all they sold.
16. Hungry Harry's pizza.
17. The Telecast concert.
18. Dams doesn't trust my aim with a steel bar.
19. Got to hang out with little Andrew.
20. Hotels really don't have a thriteenth floor. Just like this list.
21. The old spaghetti factory..... well we tried at least.
22. The place across the street from the OSF. I think I have a permanent aversion to burgers.
23. The drunk Beattles imitators.
24. It was so hard to find the people that you were going to sit with before the sessions. It was dark and there were 2900 people in a big room with a concrete floor. Thank goodness for cell phones.
25. The 25th floor....
26. And the 26th...........
27. And the lighthouse on top................
28. I think we all looked very awkward at the "Voice" concert. At least I did.
29. Then 'he' came again.
30. Witnessing to a cabbie.
31. Now I'me badly wanting food because I haven't eaten today.

If anyone else has anything to add go ahead, because I'm sure I missed heaps of things.

✈out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"him" again - that's the one you were telling me about right? I like the list idea. Only thing - you say incredible preaching & worship, but what were the topics and why were they incredible? What is the one sermon/point that stands out the most for you?

Delian said...

ohh... so Joe told someone else about 'him'... hmm... lol.

I figured a lot of inside jokes were intertwined in with those small facts... but it was still interesting.

adios

joel sczebel said...

no comment.

joel sczebel said...

Except that it's really a lot less interesting of a story then you would think.

Anonymous said...

yes, it is. it has only been hyped up. thanks guys for stopping.

nice post joe.

Anonymous said...

i know some things you forgot:
1. gummy candy sticking to ceiling (dami said the mark was still there when we left)
2. telling Dami to find Narnia in the entertainment wardrobe
3. ghetto subway with no door

joel sczebel said...

yeah. I guess I missed those.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting impatient. i'm waiting for you or dami or pam or josh to do a new post about NA. i keep checking, but alas, i think damaris has gone into hiding until after graduation.

Anonymous said...

no. dams is still WORKING. not hiding. unlike some other people.

great list. except...
1)it's not that i don't trust your aim with a steel pole. it actually made me feel much safer. i just don't trust your aim when the steel bar happens to be right in front of my eyes.
2)i was still hungry.
3)the lighthouse...next year i'm bringing a slim jim!! haha

some notable things for me:
waking up lauren.
finding my room key was cancelled out.
pami, beks jess and i finding ourselves on an increasing ghetto street in search of dinner.
and finding out that if you fall down the down escalator when you were running up it, you stay in place, and don't actually fall.
wow. that's confusing.

joel sczebel said...

Ok so I missed a few other things.

joel sczebel said...

As I said beks, that was my official NA post. I don't think I'm doing another one, and I'm not sure another one is necessary anyway.

Anonymous said...

oh, yes, that's right. i guess im waiting on your brother and dams and pami.

I'm tempted to get a blog again, but just checking everyone else's is distracting and addicting enough! I guess thats where self control comes in.

joel sczebel said...

true.