Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ok.

So I'm sitting here on the front porch, waiting for some cop to come question me about the fire across the street last week.
Seems a little random that he'd call me at 10:30 at night and ask if he could come over in a half hour. But by saying that he asked, I'm being nice because he did ask, but didn't really give me much option of saying no. This combined with getting dumped downtown and having to take the train home because a some cop was in a bad mood and decided to nail us with a bunch of random driving stuff have given me a slightly bitter point of view on the cops.

This is my thought: Aren't the cops supposed to be the good guys? So why when you're driving down the street and you see a cop car why do you instinctively reach for your seat belt? even when it's on? Why do you always slow down? Even when you're going the speed limit?

Why do people think that the cops are out to get them?


ok.

he's gone.


\\he seemed to be a nice enough fellow.

I just wish he came a little earlier.

Maybe I'll get to go to court.

T'would be much fun.

21 comments:

Delian said...

you crack me up...

first to comment ;)

joel sczebel said...

Because I'm funny.

Actually I'm not.

Half the time I'm really boring.

Anonymous said...

joe...

joel sczebel said...

........ I think I know who you are.........


........if I'm wrong then it's a little creepy......

Brittany said...

You guys just seem to have driving issues!

Delian said...

all guys seem to have a driving issue ;)

Anonymous said...

who?haha.

joel sczebel said...

I need you to be a little more specific anonymous.
everyone is a me---even me....to myself, so I need a hint or something before I guess who you are.

Anonymous said...

hmmm..... if i am who you think i am, whats something i say alot?

joel sczebel said...

Nay, I asked for you to give the hint.

Anonymous said...

um.how bout no pal.
i actually dont feel like it.
but its okay, im of no importance

joel sczebel said...

I figured as much/

hi;/.

Anonymous said...

i'm afraid it's not a guy thing.
it's just that some of us have more driving calamities than others.
i wish it were limited to guys...

sooo whats this about a fire across the street? and having to take a train home?

cops are odd. some are great. (like the ones who haven't given me tickets)
some aren't.

the whole slow down thing only applies in certain areas tho.
well down here anyway...

Anonymous said...

you say that with distain joe...
hi, back.
miss the sczebel clan, i do.

Delian said...

yeah... i hope i never get a ticket... that would fantastic... or if i do get pulled over and when i start crying whoever pulled me over won't give me a ticket cause they feel bad for me. (I learn from those I see).

overthinker said...

i've never cried in any of my car issues. and never gotten a ticket.

but then i've only been pulled over for speeding once. the other time i was pulled over not by a cop but by...uuummm...well...kinda by hitting the car in front of me.

so if you can't cry dell, just smile. but DONT laugh.

joel sczebel said...

definitely don't laugh.

Delian said...

No laughing... right. ;).

Anonymous said...

well you can laugh once he turns his back. IF laughing happens to be your emotional release, opposed to crying.

if not, you won't have any urge to laugh. dont worry.

joel sczebel said...

Well if you have 'experiance' do also have experience?

joel sczebel said...

.....sorry...

that might have been cruel.

but it's good to have good spelling.

and i'm speaking from experience there.