Saturday, July 29, 2006

Crossway FC-2 ⇆ Vitessa FC-2 (in other words we tied)

There was a battle in Langley tonight. We won. Not really because we tied, but in our heads we won. When I arrived to the field the situation was looked bleak-three of our best players randomly left for Kamloops for vacation without telling anyone, and about four other people couldn't show. Luckily josh showed up with just seconds before the opening whistle to give us one full line. No subs. It promised to be a long night.

The other team had lots of subs, and overall they were a fast team, but we played good disciplined defense (despite the fact that they scored a nice goal in the first half), and took advantage of any offensive opportunities. Thankfully another player came late giving us one sub, but it was still a long night. I think I played 70 minutes of the full 90, and I think lots of our players did play the full 90. At the beginning of the second half Vitessa scored a second goal after kicking the ball out of our fallen goaltender's hands. It shouldn't have counted, but we didn't make much fuss about it and went right back to work. less than five minutes later Josh scored his first of the season. Now it was 2-1 for Vitessa. Then about fifteen minutes after that goal we were awarded a free kick from just outside the 18-yard box. our kicker made no mistake and buried it in the back of the net. 2-2.

After all that we just controlled the ball for the last ten minutes or so, trying hard for a winning goal, but it wouldn't happen.

It was a fun night of soccer.

I rolled my bad ankle really bad in the first 20 minutes of the game, but I couldn't sub off because we had no subs, so I just kept playing and eventually the pain wore off. Tomorrow it's going to be really painful. And when I bend my legs they cramp up. If there are any Physio-Therapists reading this I'd appreciate a remedy.

Sweet.
out.ᕺᕰᕙᖀᖓᖳᖣᖘᗈᗓᗓᗠᘠᘫᘺᙴᙯ᙭ᙇᙨ

5 comments:

MrsRoper said...

sounds like fun!

Delian said...

I don't know what to say... glad you like soccor and had such a fun time. but isn't it tiring to run all that time and hardly have anything happen (except for four goals)??? hehe, just a thought.

Anonymous said...

nice recap.
you seem to have a very committed team. (haha. sorry.)
i'm not a physio-therapist, but i'm always told that icing sore muscles/injuries is good. you're supposed to do it within a certain time frame, i think.
for shin splints, bags of frozen corn work well. haha.

joel sczebel said...

I don't get shin splints.

amazed said...

I'm not a physio-therapist either, but I learned in high school that you should do ice and then heat each for 30 min and keep it elevated.

Nice run on sentence. =)