Thursday, July 20, 2006

triumph².

in other words: the second post on triumph.
Josh did the last one on his blog in case you didn't see it.

I felt very triumphant last night and here's why:

Do you know how annoying it is to have a sliver stuck in you. Well I realized last night that I didn't have a sliver stuck in me.
My toe was hurting. I wondered why. I looked. I couldn't see anything. Then I figured it out: the bottom corner of my toe nail had burrowed itself down into the end of my toe. gross. i didn't like it at all. It bothered me all afternoon. I knew it was pretty deep. I very much disliked the idea of going to the doc to get it removed because it's a hassle, and I heard they don't freeze it anyway. So if the thing needed to be removed and the doctor wasn't going to do it the next best person in the world for the job would be me-for no particular reason other than that was the only other one willing. So I got some tweezers, a steak knife, and some nail clippers, soaked my foot to make it a bit soggy, and went to work. It was painful, gross, and disgusting all at the same time, but I had decided beforehand that there was no other option so I took my time and went on with the tediously boring work of cutting apart my toe. Finally, after about an hour, the rebellious piece of nail was removed. I arose, stuck a band aid on the toe and walked away triumphantly, steak knife in hand.

It was a VERY triumphant moment.

I don't think words do it justice.

out.

13 comments:

Rebekah Schwab said...

i wish i could say the same for my self-hair-cutting-experience. somethings just aren't meant to be fixed by yourself, there are professionals for a reason (even if it takes $14 or so to do it).

congrats on your triumph.

Anonymous said...

joe, that's gross... but congratulations

Brittany said...

I would have fainted.......:P)

Delian said...

That is so completely gross... but so like a guy. lol. Hope you feel manly.

Anonymous said...

I had a sliver stuck in my toe yesterday. Its still there, even after ripping off the whole bottom of my toe. I felt very untriumphant, if that's a word.

Anonymous said...

pretty sure that's not a word...

Anonymous said...

haha. i can relate.
well kinda. i can't dig the wood splinters out of my toe. (i'm not sure my mom would appreciate me destorying a steak knife anyway). cause all the little wood pieces got shoved up under my nail.

sometimes i wonder if i really am oddest-accidents-possible-prone...

Anonymous said...

do these type of things always happen to grilled cheese eating canadian cowboys?

Anonymous said...

yes.

definitely.

Rebekah Schwab said...

the yellow iris? *choke-choke-DIE!*
\
sry... inside joke

Anonymous said...

yeah... and i'm way on the outside.

Brittany said...

I don't know, Damaris. I have some pretty weird accidents, too.

overthinker said...

hahahaha. yeah britt, you are the most accident prone person i know. only you're still graceful.

so how does that work?!