Wednesday, September 27, 2006

here's an interesting thing that I was thinking about today: People are really good at talking. We're really good at making conversation (well, some of us at least//..... meaning not always me but sometimes.......maybe....yeah.....whatever), talking about whatever we like, or bashing what we don't..... but this is what occurred to me the other day: people these days (including me) are terrible at saying anything of importance. I don't really know why either, but if you listen to yourself and really try to gauge the worth of what you're saying I'd bet you'll find that you don't say much that really means anything. again, I don't know why..... it's weird though, now that I've noticed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that happens to you in general or just in the blog world?
I would think quanity of time with people often means more then the quality of time, though there is a balance.
But I totally relate... so many times I'll get done with a conversation and ask myself 'so, what was the point of that?'

joel sczebel said...

yeah. that's what I mean./ like I talk just for the purpose of killing time, not actually to say anything.

sherlock said...

where has everyone been? Dams' blog is... empty for the first time in like, a year!

Anonymous said...

I do not appreciate someone moving in on my old name! is nothing sacred?? :)I gotta learn some new smileys...

The real ninny mouse

karawarnock; said...

did this post come after you commented "hi" for the 6th time on that girl, jancy's, blog?? hahaa.

you're right. a lot of what we say is of no real importance in the big scheme.

janc; you've met him before. dork. sorry that was insulting. cute dork. =P

Sean said...

ya, im bad for that...

overthinker said...

amen. most of my speech could be classified as "non-redeeming whatsoever".
i'm always talking and saying nothing.

but i must say, the kids at grace church are very good about drawing eachother out. so there are many times when we do have deep discussions or share encouragment. especially after connections class!

i think there can be a time and place for not-so-deep 'chit chat'; so long as it isn't "corrupting" {Eph. 4.29} and so long as it's not the majority of our speech.

"do everything to the glory of God"

Anonymous said...

even a fool is considered wise when he remains silent. somewhere in Proverbs.