Tuesday, September 05, 2006

what would life be like if I,
loosened my failing grip to rest,
in faith on One who's grip can never fail,
who's love could surely keep me through the test?
this life, where on my strength I can't prevail,
i long to cast myself on Him and yet,
my will is not so easily subdued,
restless it cries, "I can yet succeed",
and won't rely on grace so free.
yet where is rest if not in Him?
or hope, if not within His wounds?
no true life can be but for His cross,
nor any joy that runs not from that fount,
Oh teach me Lord to bow,
my heart, my hope, and will,
Oh teach now me to lean on grace,
Oh teach me to be still.
this road would be a easy climb,
if I would only trust,
that Your own hand will guide me safe,
that You know what is best.

---------------------------------------
sorry that there haven't been any pictures. josh has our camera. I need to get it back soon.

out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nicish song/poem.
there really isn't much else to comment about on this post... because I'm not 'overly profound' ;).

joel sczebel said...

fine.