Friday, January 13, 2006

26 days of rain.

If it rains for two more days we'll break a record that has held since the early fifties. It has rained for 26 straight days. Every day. In North Vancouver there are suburbs on evacuation alert because they are built on a hillside that might decide to turn into mud any time. It's strange. Maybe it's how long I've lived here, but I really like the rain. Every morning when I go into work it's raining (really hard), then when I get off it's raining. If we do break the record, I think I'm going to start celebrating the 29th day as a random Vancouver holiday. I'm going to call it Rain Day.

Out.

8 comments:

Delian said...

wow... randomness about rain... beautiful ;).
I don't like the rain so much... I like sun shiny days! Summer... when I can feel the sun on my face!! Aaahhh... to feel the sun again! What a glorious day!

Anonymous said...

I'm SINGING in the rain.

MrsRoper said...

i love the rain! it makes everything but dogs smell good! haha

so joe, are you going to call january sixteenth Rain Day? or is it going to be the third monday of January??? lol

Brittany said...

I like it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I always like it.

Anonymous said...

I like rain too, but I rarely see it. What can I expect. I live in a desert.

Brittany said...

I like it when I don't have to do anything.

Anonymous said...

Rain Day tomorrow.