Monday, January 09, 2006

Scales.

I just had a guitar lesson tonight, and I am going to try to be more disciplined in practicing scales. I hate scales. It's not that I dislike what you can do with them, but to just go up and down monotonously drives me half insane. Oh yeah, I'm already half insane. So if you add another half of insanity, that makes me go completely insane while doing scales. I was just doing them for the last half hour. After a while I don't think at all, and it's just my fingers moving, and my brain trying to drive the noise away. But I'm horribly undisciplined when it comes to practicing what I should practice, so I'm going to fight through it.

hahaha.

Tomorrow will start at 5:30, so I'm going to head off to dreamland. Then after work.......-........more scales.

goodnight.

8 comments:

MrsRoper said...

most musical geniuses were insane, so maybe the insanity is trying to tell you something...

Anonymous said...

HI.




i thought you 'weren't musical'. haha. i never did believe you....

Anonymous said...

I'm not musical.
That's why I hate scales.

Brittany said...

Man, why did you have to remind me. I have tons of stuff to practice.

Delian said...

I don't like scales either... so I stopped practicing them (for keyboard) I'm learning worship music since I don't like classical (like at all) 'cause I'm weird like that, lol.

Anonymous said...

Yo.

Anonymous said...

I'm making myself do scales because I love classical.
I like worship stuff, and rock, and folk, and other stuff too, but classical is where it's at.

I get shivers when I hear good classical guitar. Or piano for that matter.

Anonymous said...

YES! you added piano at the end. i'm so happy.