Sunday, January 15, 2006

A 30 second trip to the USA.

On saturday Josh and I went for a random drive hoping to find some randomly interesting thing. We headed to one of our favourite routes-0 Avenue. 0 Avenue is the street that runs directly beside the border into the US. There's no fence, because most of the time there's just forest on the US side, but we went further along then we usually do, and we came to a spot where there was a US road, a ditch, then the Canadian road that we were driving on. The american road was paved different. It had a mph speed limit. There were little farm houses with American flags on one side, and there were little houses without Canadian flags (we're not quite as patriotic.) on our side. Being rather intrigued, we puller over. We decided that we would run, jump the ditch, and take a picture of each of us on the other side. It was a bit intense. We were a bit worried that some border patrollers might jump out of the water in the ditch, shoot us with some tranquilizer darts, and that we'd wake up in an American prison.









Some random pics of a random trip.

17 comments:

Delian said...

looks like fun!

Brittany said...

Illegal too:[

MrsRoper said...

haha... u should see the video footage...

Josh Sczebel said...

brittany is always the one to dump on the condemnation eh?

Anonymous said...

yeah. that was uncalled for.
I jumped that ditch with absolutely harmless intentions.

Anonymous said...

until the guys with the crazy guns jump out and blow you away before you can explain!

Anonymous said...

(b)

Delian said...

j-walking is illegal too... and heck I do that all the time ;)... and I'm sure brit, you would have done it too if you were there... 'cause I would have!!

Anonymous said...

ya! way fun!

Delian said...

tell me about it.

Anonymous said...

Big fun..

Delian said...

Wow... all I can say is wow... 'cause nothing else is coming to mind.

MrsRoper said...

i saw you today joe... did you see me?? (tuesday)

Brittany said...

You know I was just kidding. If I had the opprutunity I would have definitely done it just to say that I was in America. That is why I stepped outside for a second on our layover just to be able to say that I have been to Texas.

Delian said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

I didn't see you pam. I always expect to, but I never do.

MrsRoper said...

i just saw your save the wheel shirt... it was by the scary conveyor belt thingy... near the front doors... anyways... it doesn't matter now.