Saturday, August 27, 2005

What is and what isn't

Random title. Again.

I got back from filming a wedding about an hour ago, did a bunch of homework that's due early tomorrow, and now have finally found the time to do a real post. I decided about half an hour ago that weddings are not my favorite type of video to make. To long of just walking around, holding back the tears in touching moments....uh....yeah, filming random people that I don't know, and eating their food, and Chatting with Taylor. But now that it's done and the fun of editing begins, it's not actually that bad.

Here are a few other thoughts randomly going through my head...;..

1. I still haven't gone for a ride in the Jeep.
2. I really am dixlexic. Today I was putting on a shirt, and I thought it was inside out, so I turned it around, then put it on. About ten minutes later I realized it was right in the first place and I was actually wearing it inside out. HAEY. YZARC STAHT.
3. I was talking to Ray today, and we decided that all punctuation marks are stupid, and useless in themselves. For example, what does this mean ",./?;:'")(_+*&^%$#@!)" ? I have no Idea. the only reason they mean anything is that some crazy lunatic trying to take over the world said that we had to use them to make our writing correct. Since then the Period, and the Comma, and the Exclamation Mark have become pounded into our heads, and hearts by ruthless teachers who seem to think these thing have some significance. But what I find especially funny is that if whoever made them up decided that we had to draw a portrait of somebody at the end of each sentence, or spit on the page to end a letter, we probably still would have happily gone along, and keyboards would be much bigger, and all laptops would be water-proof.

4. Phantom, go away, and stop confusing everyone. Or maybe everyone else is in on it, and I'm the only confused one, and you're all just laughing in Florida.
5. Lorraine, write another poem on your blog. Oh. That was a little forceful.

Would you please write another poem on your blog?
If you do I will too. I'll write something either more funny or more serious this time.

6. Stephen, any new films? Did you watch Red Eye?
It was a little cheesy.

7. Joby, go to bed.

8. Taylor, I was just going to ask if your computer works but we were just chatting like three hours ago, so I guess that means I have dixlexia, and short term memory loss.

And THis Si Eht EnD.

With drooping eyelids I say goodnight.

You guys are probably going to be getting up a few hours after I go to sleep.

Happy schooling tomorrow.
OH STINK
I forgot it is Saturday tomorrow.
Holy Crepe!
Whatever that means.

Sorry this was such a short entry.

Last thing.

Kara, put down that Jane Austin book you're reading. It;s poisoning your mind.

Good night all.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was umm...quite an entry. Haha...very intertaining. Ok, I will attemp to write something (probably not anywhere near a poem just so i don't make starbuck angry. heehee) But you have to wait until I get back from the beach today. I wonder if you're still sleeping right now?

Anonymous said...

Make me angry???
Why would you make me angry???
Joel, I don't know who the Phantom is either, so if it's an elaborate scheme, I am not involved.
Although I think it's a girl... but that's just my pre-cognosis.

Anonymous said...

Was Red-Eye any good???
i was wanting to c it.

Anonymous said...

hey, its Jane 'AUSTEN' not 'AUSTIN' and my friend, i believe that you read the book yourself and corrected me for spelling Whickham's name wrong.
it is not poisining my mind, if anything it is improving my vocabulary!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, it's "entertaining" and "attempt"... hahaha... :-)

Anonymous said...

Yup. I was still sleeping. But I was almost up.

Anonymous said...

Red Eye was entertaining, but predictable, and maybe a little cheesy. I liked it, but I occasionally like to watch predictable and slightly cheesy movies. The pace was very good though, and the guy who was one of the lead roles (can't remember his name) did a great job of doing these dual personality switches.

Anonymous said...

I could care less how to spell her name, but still, it must sounded incredibly rude and offensive to one like you. Please forgive my ignorance.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I like to talk like they do. But that is because my mind is already poisoned. Stop reading it before it's too late.

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha I have so done the same thing before!!!(put on a shirt inside out etc) You really are dyslexic...welcome to the funny but aggravatingness of it. hahhahahah
what you said about punctuation was sweet so why did you use it after all

Anonymous said...

thats a better apology thank josh's even thought you didnt mean it at all. actually, josh didnt mean it either.

Anonymous said...

I had to punctuate because it has been so hammered into my head that I go crazy without it.

Anonymous said...

wow. i totally did that when i was half asleep. sorry. but yeah, i can't really spell anyway. haha...

Anonymous said...

holy crepe. i can't believe i did that! i feel really stupid now. :(

Anonymous said...

I can't spell either. Ask Taylor. He knows.

Anonymous said...

Joejoe, you heathen,

You and Ray are talking nonsense again. Punctuation is critical!

Compare these two letters: they use the same words but different punctuation.

Dear Jack,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy – will you let me be yours?

Jill



Dear Jack,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,

Jill

"Punctuation keeps sense on the rails," writes Lynne Truss. "Punctuation herds words together, keeps others apart. Punctuation directs you how to read, in the way musical notation directs a musician how to play."

Anonymous said...

HAHA thanks Bart. I think it was originally Ray's idea....HAHAHAHA there I go blame shifting.

Bart said...

That Ray. It's shocking who this church lets lead Care Groups.