Sunday, August 21, 2005

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Ok
Blog posts are usually chronological so I'm going to keep to the general rule and start with yesterday.
Last night while Josh ate Bob's Burgers I settled myself down to a long night of nothingness. I had nothing to do, nowhere to go. Then my dad comes down into the cave and tells me that we should go to a Vancouver Whitecaps game( Our professional soccer team), and that we need to leave in a few minutes. We readied ourselves to leave along with my cousin Marty who came over for dinner, and left. What we realized after we had been driving for five minutes was that there was no possible way we could get to the game on time. Being a little discouraged and in need of some fun, we went back to our house grabbed our golf clubs and headed to the range instead. We reached our destination in a flash and settled our selves on the upper deck but Marty is a bit uneasy around heights so whenever he would swing he said he felt like he would fall off the edge. So we went down to ground level which made me feel like I had to swing harder (which by the way never works), which resulted in me exiting the range with an extremely sore neck, and a bit of a headache. We got into the car and my dad had a random thought (I love his random thoughts), he wondered if we wanted to go to White Rock and walk on the pier (especially because there was a Tim Horton's along the way). So through all kinds of various routes, and circumstances I ended up right back on the stairs where a week ago today I had to part with a bunch of American Hosers. I kept a straight face but I was a pretty melancholy Canadian Hoser on the inside. I actually sat down on the steps for a while and rested (being tired from golf) and reflected on all our good times, and in the end it was pretty hard to walk away again.

Ummm....yeah.....ok.......TU!!!!!!!!!

Ok now I'm better.
This afternoon we played soccer to prepare for the Crossway Cup which is tomorrow. It was hot (by Vancouver standards) and my neck was still sore from golf but after landing on it a few times while trying to learn how to cartwheel properly, it felt better. After soccer I came home and wrote a hymn, and maybe I'll post the Lyrics later tomorrow. Now after hours of kicking, swinging, cartwheeling, singing, and writing I am writing a bit more here, then I'll go to bed.

Tomorrow Josh and I are working for a guy in the church, building these huge fancy shelving units/cabnits in 3-6 Million Dollar brand new homes, so don't expect any posts until either 5:00 Vancouver time or else 11:00 Vancouver time because when we get home from work we'll probably only have about an hour till we have to go to the crossway cup (cheer for the under 25 team!) and Food will probably be the priority for that free time. I might have to play Goal in the game which would STINK because I don't like it, but I have to because I'm the best (joke)((actually extremely sarcastic joke))(((I actually STINK!!!)))
That is it. All that I have to say for this moment.
I'm just sitting here wondering why I even get to say it.

Qualche cosa bruscamente de inferno e la tolleranza.

AMEN.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds fun...
what's the title of the hymn???
You have to post the lyrics...
is it... "Not Everything's Lost"...
hahaha... just kidding...

Anonymous said...

that sounds fun...
what's the title of the hymn???
You have to post the lyrics...
is it... "Not Everything's Lost"...
hahaha... just kidding...

Anonymous said...

darn it... it published it twice...

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a busy day. Awww...I miss White Rock. So you did a TU and you felt better? Should I try that? hahaha...

By the way, GO UNDER 25 TEAM!!!

I'm still wearing my rubber bands too.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could walk White Rock's pier and remember...

Anonymous said...

Yes the TU really works.
And no not Everything's not Lost.
No title yet.

Anonymous said...

ok, why is your blog called rubber band blog? i tried to figure it out but as you know im not the brightest of poeple except when it comes to JANE AUSTEN.

Anonymous said...

why do u have 2 blogs that r called "rubber bands"? Why not just have 1?

Anonymous said...

Because the one didn't work.
I'm going to delete it right now.

Anonymous said...

joe your blog is so pathetic but i love it all the same!!

i haven't decided who i am going for in the crossway cup yet....

Anonymous said...

i dont watch soccer

Anonymous said...

That's because you read JA to much