Saturday, October 29, 2005

Errr...ummmm....well......whatever.

Today is Saturday. Well, was Saturday. The day is pretty much gone by now. It was a good day. Indeed all days are good, it's generally our outlook that changes, but today was especially good, and here;s why:

I forgot, but the goodness actually started last night when Josh and I watched the Blair Witch Project. It wasn't a great movie, unless you happen to be a filmmaker, but if you aren't a filmmaker, all the shaky cameras in the woods will most likely just make you sick. Not to mention after running screaming (and swearing) around the woods for days, being chased by "something" they all end up dead or something, and you don't even see 'it'. But I kinda liked it. It was weird. And a very good idea, because it was so underproduced that you really could have mistaken it for a bunch of footage filmed by a bunch of really freaked out kids in the woods. But it wasn't really scary at all. I mean nothing ever even happened. You never see anything. It's all implied. Which I also kinda liked. ok. On to the next morning. I had to be at my guitar lesson at 8:30, so I didn't post after watching the movie, but it ended kinda late so I was wiped out anyways. After my lesson (which was good) I was sitting on the floor in our house, and I said, "I feel like climbing the Chief". Then Josh agreed, and after an hour or so we set out. Now the Chief is a mountain about an hour and forty minutes from our house, and you have to climb around the back because the entire front is a cliff. We reached the town at the foot of the mountain around lunch, and decided that we were hungry, so we randomly bought a pizza, a 2 liter(I don't know how you americans measure it, probably oz. but I'll just say it was a big one) bottle of Coke, and some garlic bread. We ate the pizza in the Festiva, and put the garlic bread and pop in our already full backpack (for a snack at the top) and started out. Here now is why I am really sore right now, the backpack must have been fifteen pounds, and all the way up, the trail was stairs. Big stairs. the high steps that make your legs burn, and the rest of your body go numb. We switched carrying the backpack every once in a while, and in about forty minutes (which is really fast for that mountain) we reached the top. We sat down near the edge, above the clouds, above the little town of Squamish, where you could see way down the inlet, or as the Scandinavians would say, Fjord, that comes snaking up through the mountains from near Horseshoe Bay. We happily ate our cold garlic bread, and drank our bottle of pop (or most of it), then began our decent. We decided that in light of the fact that God created this beautiful place, it would be a horrible thing to leave our pop bottle, so Josh took the backpack, and my charge was the bottle. I was to not let it go of it until I was dropping it into a garbage can. We ran most of the way down, which is dangerous with only one free hand with which to save yourself from plunging over some random cliff that so quickly looms up ahead. So after a few near death experiences, a decision that running really fast down really steep mountains should be a sport, and a few falls that have rendered my knee more gimped, and my thumb rather swollen (I really usually have better balance), we reached the bottom. Then we walked over to a near by waterfall, dunked our heads, and walked back to the Festy, and drove home. Yes. Today was good. The sky was blue, the mountain was steep, josh and I had good fellowship, and these were all gifts. "All gifts from God are intended to direct our attention to God, and create fresh affection for God." thanks C.J., that hammer hit me a good one today.-Joe.

Yes, I agree with all of that.-Josh.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That ad was not me! I promise. Anyway, sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. I did nothing at all. But that's ok.

joel sczebel said...

Great. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I love that the two of you are so close that you can just randomly do things like that and have a blast. What a special gift!

joel sczebel said...

It surely is.

Brittany said...

Haha. I misunderstood you, Amber, for a second. But I now know what you meant.