Saturday, October 22, 2005

N.

Pointless is a funny word. In the end everything that we do has a point; the question is whether what we do accomplishes anything of any personal value, or if in the end the the action we took based on the point we were being driven by was utterly useless to ourselves or anyone else. There's a thought to gnaw on. Well today Josh and I took a pointless drive that took almost three hours. We set out to take pictures, and we took some. So technically our drive wasn't pointless, because we had a point (to take pictures) and we accomplished that point. But the fact that we took pictures didn't really benefit us or all the people we drove by. So was our drive pointless? I guess it's just the scale you weigh it on.

I feel like writing a song. I've had some thoughts lately, but every time I try to write them they just don't come out right. It's like there's a limit to where words can go, and beyond that it's more just feeling. Like I know what I want to write, but the words can't express it.

"there's a song that's inside of my soul,
it's the one that I've tried to write over and over again," -Switchfoot.

Ok. I have to learn the tab for that song right now. Good stuff. Not too hard. Please don't associate it with the movie though, because that's what most people do and I very much dislike it. HAHAHa. I want to go jump into some really cold water. I saw so much of it today. Or else hike the Chief. If any of you ever come here then we'll have to hike the Chief. So much better than jogging, but you'll be dying halfway up. HAHa. Actually it only takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get up, but it's really steep and all stairs. Most of you went up Grouse I think......so you know the right height at least. Now imagine walking up it. The difference between Grouse and the Chief is that the entire front face of the chief is a cliff. It's a good 1500ft straight down, so when you hike it you go up the side. then you get to the top and you can look over the edge. Or else if that doesn't sound like smooth jazz to you, you can just enjoy the wide panoramic view. It's crazy. then going down is just nice. I went down in 15 minutes once, running full speed all the way. That was REALLY bad for the knee. But if you stick to a nice brisk walk it's lovely. Aight. I should skip off.

Sing to me through Your stars,
That soar throughout the skies up above,
Singing clear from afar,
Of Your unchanging infinite love.
In the night You tell more,
Of that measureless ocean you filled,
Without boundary or shore,
In the depths of the waves I am still.

out.

œ

18 comments:

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joel sczebel said...

eeeeeeeey/I will delete.

joel sczebel said...

Now both of our comments look dumb because the comments we were speaking of are gone.

joel sczebel said...

Whatever. Now you delete your comment and now I just look dumb. Well I'm comfortable with that.

Brittany said...

I don't even know if I want to ask.

overthinker said...

i say your drive wasn't pointless. ((not that you care)) but then i say that cause i'm into taking pics.(haha i guess you could call me a wanna-be photographer).

who wrote that thingy at the end? was it you? i like.

i'll go up chief next time i come. can you lay on your stomach and hang your head over the edge and look down the flat cliff? 'cause that would be freaky coolness if you can.....

Brittany said...

I'd be too scared to hnag over a cliff.

Brittany said...

HAHAHA! *hang*

Anonymous said...

Take more drives.
Hike more cliffs.
Write more songs.

joel sczebel said...

The end...I wrote. The cliff....you can hang. The freaky scariness....very freaky scariness. I screamed.

Anonymous said...

I want to drive around for hours and take pictures.

Josh Sczebel said...

me too.
josh sounds like a cool guy.

Brittany said...

Hmmm, I think a drive that lasts for hours might be kind of boring even if you are taking some pictures.

Anonymous said...

yeah. the coolest.

joel sczebel said...

Josh, don't promote yourself on my blog or else I'll punch you. HAHAHAHA. joke.

Brittany said...

Yeah, Joe knows where you live. Hahaha.

joel sczebel said...

If anyone has wondered, I am going to put a new post on sometime this morning. I just have to finish writing it on the basement computer. So you have not long to wait.

joel sczebel said...

yes he does.