Tuesday, October 18, 2005

the friendly beep

I am slowly becoming a master at this rare art. At work while I'm driving machinery there are several other people driving machinery. Because of this it is at many instances necessary to give a friendly beep on the horn to let them know you are there. But as I'm sure you know, the line between a friendly beep, and an angry beep is a thin one, so it is imperative to master the "Yo! Heads up! I'm right behind you, but have a nice day." beep. That's all I wanted to say.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you all know, I wrote that post intending it to sound very disorganized, awkward, and short. If you were disappointed, and were coming to the comments section to razz me, sorryness, but I did it on purpose.

Brittany said...

Haha. I have only touched a horn once while driving and that is because I accidently put my elbow on it.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA

overthinker said...

oooops....it didn't seem awkward to me....

Anonymous said...

oh that's too bad, because it truly was meant to be nice and awkward.

Anonymous said...

oh that's too bad, because it truly was meant to be nice and awkward.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOH. Posted twice. Dang/

MrsRoper said...

it seemed a bit strange, but i know all about the border between a friendly beep and a "not-so-friendly" beep... used to move crates of stuff too...

Brittany said...

Man, this is pretty funny. If I ever have to honk a horn I will probably find myself pausing for a second and thinking over this enlightening discussion and asking myself "Hmmm, how much pressure should I put on the horn to get just the right sound?"

Anonymous said...

you should

Anonymous said...

One of my friends has a car horn that sounds like it should belong to a clown. She doesn't like it very much.

Anonymous said...

HAHA. yeah I know that type of horn.

overthinker said...

why dont you write a post since your talking on our blogs??

hahahahaha