Wednesday, October 26, 2005

if I run into a wall a thousand times, my guess is that it will hurt every time.

wow. fun stuff happened last night. I got off work at 9:45 feeling very worn out. I walked through the parking lot to where my dad was waiting to pick me up, and as I got into the van, the first good thing happened. We finally got the new cd. So happily listened all the way home, and when I got home the second good thing happened. The power went out. I'm sure having the power out for a long time isn't cool at all, but it gets back on pretty quick here so I was fairly excited. I hung around and chatted with the fam for a while, until they all went to sleep, then i took a candle and got a blanket, a pillow, my IPod, and a History textbook, and laid in front of the fireplace enoying facts about the Spanish conquest of America, and the Voyage of Magellan until somewhere around 2:00, then I drifted off into dreamland until about 3:00 when the power came back on. now I was in the middle of the house, and I guess all of the lights were on when the power went off, so they all popped on blinding me, and the TV was also on, so it turned on and told me of some sort of new baking product. Needless to say I was kinda dazed, but after a few moments, and repeated attempts by the infomercial people to get me to dial the number, I got up and turned them off, then collapsed back into a deep sleep. I was awakened next by Josh who was getting up for work at 6:30. Knowing that soon there would be much activity upstairs, I removed myself downstairs, and once again had some repose. I finally awoke to find that it was about 8:30, then I went upstairs and discovered that our internet wasn't working, so I had a quite time. Ahhh. It's been a good fourteen hours.

Mangez le sort de chocolat fonce.
Eat lot's of dark chocolate.


outty.>>}}{{

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST COMMENT! YESSSS!!!!!!!!

overthinker said...

sounds like good times. hahahaha.

i must admit, i always liked it when the power went out--as it did every thunder storm. "cause it was so very dark, stars were super bright; and we got to light candles and almost burn the house down....

but after the hurricanes they fixed it adn so now it only flickers sometimes. aaaahhh well. i had over 24hrs of no power last sept courtesy of hurricanes. that was NOT oh-happy-day...

Anonymous said...

i've been banging my head
against the wall
for so long it seems
i knocked it down
yeah, it got knocked down
& the heating bills went through the roof;
& the wall i knocked down
was the proof;
that my landlord needed to kick me out....

i got evicted
now i'm living on the street
mu spirits lifted-oh wait that
wasn't me
too many turns have turned out
to be wrong...

I've been banging my head
agianst the wall
for long it seems i got knocked out
yeah, got knocked out cold
& the medical bills went throgh
the roof
& teh scar on my head is the proof
that i'll still remember this when i get old...."

joel sczebel said...

ok. cool. I haven't heard much of your stuff mr. K. Sounds nice. like lice.