Monday, October 17, 2005

If I could jump across the sea, or step aross the mountain tops, to see the land where tootsie pops hang swinging in the trees

I wasn't even going to mention the title, but I thought I should warn you all that even if you try, you won't get any deep theological message out of it. HAHA. Somewhere between sanity and a hard place is where I am right now. And I have no idea what that meant, so maybe the hard place has something to do with insanity. It very easily could. But maybe I should explain my day, so that you can all see that this temporary loss of about a quarter of my thinking skills should not come as a surprise.
This morning I went to the USA {(blaine)plain blain|very plain blaine} with my father to pick up some mail, and possibly the long expected new SMG cd, which somehow dams already has. To our extreme disappointment it was not there. Then I came home, hung around a bit, and headed off to work around 1:00. Now this was the first day that I am on afternoon shift, so when I came outside on "lunch break" (which was at 6:30) it was already dark!!!! This frazzled me just a little more than a little, and I curled up in a little ball on the cold wet grass and cried for five minutes. HAHAHA. Well, maybe it wasn't that extreme but it was certainly a strange feeling. Well I walked (in the dark and in the rain) a few blocks over to a gas station to get some kind of sugary drink (intended to keep me awake), then headed back to the lunch room to watch some baseball for the remaining fifteen minutes of my break. Then sometime about 8:45 (about an hour before I got off) I became suddenly dizzy, and everything was spinning and strange things were happening. Somehow I made it through the last hour, and then zig-zagged my way back through the rain and the dark to the gas station where I was picked up. The dizzyness has now completely faded, but I am still a bit confused about what caused it. And now the final brick to break the flea's back was this: Twelve emails. And not one of them had anything to do with me. Not that I wanted them to do with me, but I was so confused that emails were coming to me even though they were apart of a conversation that was completely outside of my knowledge. So then I just broke down and cried. HAHAHA. It was an emotional day. Just joking. I didn't cry. In fact I'm not going to tell any of you the last time I cried because you will all think I'm a heartless hoser. ooooooo. Alliteration. Cool. So yeah, that was my day, and those are the reasons why i so badly want to go to the land where tootsie pops hang from trees. At least for a vacation. I mean if you stayed to long your teeth would rot because the dentists there just prescribe more candy to fix cavities, but it would be nice for a day or two. I hope you people know what tootsie pops are, because if you don't, you are both deprived and confused right about now, and I am not going to change that. Sorryness.



(if any of you actually read this whole post, tell me and I will be very impressed.)
HAHAHa/⅋

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one clarification: I said the SMG cd. But if it was the "SMG" cd, then it would be the Sovereign Ministeries Grace cd, which would make no sense. Dams is not the only Dyslexic, so please forgive my bloop. *SGM.
better. of much.

Anonymous said...

** And alliteration is when you use similar consonant sounds within a sentence. I think... sorry, English 12 was last year, and I should be teaching gym according to Andrew.

Anonymous said...

that's ok. I don't like tootsie rolls either, but the pops have less roll and more pop, and that's what makes them good.

MrsRoper said...

i concur, tootsie pops are better than tootsie rolls... and it sounds like you had a difficult day, joel.

Anonymous said...

Not difficult, just strange/

Brittany said...

I read the whole thing. Sounded like you and Aly had a pretty emotional day.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha. i read the whole thing. but dont be impressed because i always do.

and i DONT have the SGM (note correct spelling haha) cd...my mom was listenining to online clips. sorriness for the confusion. it never stops ya know...

BUT it was supposed to be out yesterday. i have been asking about it every sunday. (i think janine was starting to hide from me hahahaha)

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH your creativity is back. :)

i do know what tootsie pops are. except i am still feeling deprived right now because i dont have one..


why does your family pick you up FROM THE GAS STATION??!!! are they ashamed of you or something??!!
haha

Anonymous said...

just apologizing for my incredibly long post....

Brittany said...

Hahahaha! I can picture Janine running from you every Sunday. But I think that there will be an announcement when it comes in so you don't have to worry about it.

MrsRoper said...

i just realized that you posted at 11:11... crazy time of day...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. 11:11 again

MrsRoper said...

crazy!!

Anonymous said...

I know when we're getting the CD, but I'm sorry, I have dibs on the first copy. = ) Like I said, working for the church office has it's advantages! You get the inside scoop on New Attitude, Xtreme and the Bash. What fun!